Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is super-fast, easy to use and free, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktops, netbooks and servers around the world. Ubuntu does everything you need it to. It’ll work with your existing PC files, printers, cameras and MP3 players. And it comes with thousands of free apps. 🙂
The name “Precise Pangolin”Â was announced by Shuttleworth on 5 October 2011. Unlike previous LTS releases that have been supported for three years for the desktop version and five years for the server version, this release will be supported for five years on both.
What’s New in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin comes with cool new features which makes Ubuntu more pleasant and lively. 🙂
- Improved Unity with active HUD support (the intelligent menus can be summoned via ALT key)
- New default lens, Unity Video lens, that gathers and displays offline/local and online clips from numerous sources filtered by IP (meaning, if one’s country doesn’t support playing a certain clip from x source, the source/unplayable item will not be displayed)
- Onboard, the default virtual keyboard, has been updated to 0.9.7 version, adding new themes, monochrome appindicator and behavior enhancements
- Nautilus’s undo support (usable for copy, rename, trash)
- New Compiz version, 0.9.7, featuring an overall improved performance
- Visually enriched Unity greeter with new icons (the available sessions are now displayed inside the “Dash”)
- Ubuntu Software Center gained software recommendations
- Gwibber features new monochrome icons and optimized used resources.
Download: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS ( Precise Pangolin)