Format an External hard disk or pendrive in Mac operating system easily by following this short post.Â If you are new to Mac OS learn installingÂ Windows on Your Mac using Boot Camp.
Did you know?Â Simple trick to Add Background Wallpaper on your Pendrive
Appleâ€™s OS X offers very limited support for Microsoft Windows NTFS formatted hard drives and other storage media out of the box. By default OS X can only read files from Windows-formatted hard drives leaving the users unable to edit, copy or delete anything. Tuxera NTFS for Mac solves this problem providing full read-write compatibility across platforms. I am using Tuxera NTFS software and it’s pretty cool.
How to Format External Hard disk or Pendrive in Mac OS X?
Formatting a drive will erase all data and partitions on the disk, so take backup doing anything.
- Connect the external hard disk or pen drive to Mac.
- Goto ApplicationsÂ –> Utilities and Disk Utility.
- Click on the drive name you wish to Format.
- SelectÂ “Erase Tab” and click “Erase” button.
- In the below screenshot I am formatting a 16GB pendrive.
- RenameÂ your external storage device name in “Name” section as shown in above screenshot.
- This will take sometime to erase the contents.
Enhance USB drive security byÂ blocking Virus Or Trojans Being Transferred to Pendrive.
The biggest hard drive makers areÂ Seagate Technology and Western Digital.On May 12, 2016, SanDisk was acquired by hard drive manufacturer Western Digital in a US$19 billion deal.
Continue reading History of Hard disk in Wikipedia.
Hope this short post on Mac operating system will be highly useful for you.