Google Chrome is undoubtedly the fastest browser today.It is also the most popular browser today. (At least my blog’s visitor’s statistics say so)
Most people download Google Chrome via a Web Installer which later downloads the Google Chrome setup files on your computer.
Google Chrome browser also updates itself automatically whenever updates are available, so you have the latest version running.But what about those people who have very limited downloading limits or very slow browsing speeds on their Internet connections.
The answer is to download the Standalone version of Google Chrome.You can download the latest version from some other computer (maybe one of you friend’s computer) and use it to install Google Chrome on your computer.
After installing Google Chrome, you can later disable its automatic update feature.
How To Download Google Chrome Standalone distribution?
Just download Google Chrome Full Setup from Filehippo and install it.
How To Disable Automatic Update Feature in Google Chrome?
On Windows Operating System
- Open Registry Editor. Click Start -> Run. And type “regedit”.
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Update
- Add a new DWORD value named DisableAutoUpdateChecksCheckboxValue and set it to 1 to disable automatic updates or 0 to re-enable them.
- Warning: Registry contains setting for your computer, so don’t change anything else if you don’t have knowledge of what you are doing.
On A Mac OS X
- Enter the following command in the Terminal application.
- $ defaults write com.google.Keystone.Agent checkInterval 0
- ***Change the 0 to a 1 to re-enable updates.