Bluefish is a powerful text editor for Programmers and web designers. It’s a open source software which is distributed for Free under GNU GPL License. Bluefish supports many programming and markup languages, and it focuses on editing dynamic and interactive websites. I have covered many Alternative text editors to notepad and Bluefish is one among them.
5 Useful Articles regarding Text Editors
- Download JEdit – Alternative To Notepad
- SciTE – A Free Source Code Editor For Win32 And X
- Texter – Alternative To WordPad
- Notepad++ 5.1 – A very good alternative to Notepad
- Trick To Hide Text In Notepad
Key Features of “Bluefish”:
- Lightweight – Bluefish tries to be lean and clean, as far as possible given it is a GUI editor.
- Fast – Bluefish starts really quick (even on a netbook) and loads hundreds of files within seconds.
- Multiple document interface, easily opens 500+ documents.
- Snippets sidebar – specify custom dialogs, search and replace patterns or insert patterns and bind them to a shortkut key combination of your liking to speed up your development process
- Auto-recovery of changes in modified documents after a crash, kill or shutdown
- Full screen editing
Customizable programming language support:
- In-line reference information (move your mouse over a function name or tag name) for various programming languages
- Code block folding
- Highlighting matching block start and end markers (both brackets and tags)
- Auto-completion and auto-tag-closing for many programming languages, with reference information, and even for nested languages (e.g. css inside html)