Fast New Windows For Multitask – Powerusers
Gmail has recently updated an interesting feature especially useful for email ‘powerusers.’ Certain portions of the email app can be opened in new, dedicated windows, handy for those who like to multitask.Yeah Gmail is becoming more user friendly.
You can now compose an email in a new window and close the regular Gmail app. You can even have multiple windows like this open. This only works in Mozilla Firefox, Apple’s Safari, or Google Chrome for now, but, since the feature is based on HTML5, it should be easy to implement in other modern browsers as well.
1. See here,I click on the “new window” icon to pop my compose area into its own window,
2. This Pops-up a New window to compose mail,
It pops-up faster without any delay.It’s cool right ?
There are a number of places you can pop up new windows in Gmail
1. In chat, there’s the little upward arrow in the title bar:
2. When writing a message, hold the “Shift” key while you click on the Compose Mail, Reply, Reply All or Forward links and you’ll get a new window for your new message. (Holding the “Shift” key while typing the keyboard shortcut — in other words typing “C” “R” or “F” — has the same effect.)
3. When you’re reading your mail, hold the “Shift” key while you click on a message to open the conversation in a new window. (Same holds true for the “Shift” key and the “o” or “Enter” shortcuts.)