CrossOver 8.0 for Linux Now Supports IE7
Install and run Windows applications in Linux
CrossOver 8.0 brings support for Internet Explorer 7, Quicken 2009 and a lot of fixes for supported applications.
CrossOver 8.0 also represents another year of dramatic growth in CrossOver and Wine. You can see improvements across the board in all applications.There are many improvements made in Microsoft Office and Outlook as well .
What is Crossover Linux?
CrossOver allows you to install your favorite Windows productivity applications and plugins in Linux, without needing a Microsoft Operating System license. CrossOver includes an easy-to-use, single-click interface, which makes installing a Windows application simple and fast. Once installed, your apps will integrate directly with your Gnome or KDE environment. Just click and run your applications, exactly as you would in Windows, but with the full freedom of Linux.
Highlights of CrossOver 8.0:
- Added a “symbol” font to improve the behavior of Equation Editor;
- Resizing windows on dual-head Linux machines now works properly;
- Fixed the KDE systray issue in SUSE 10.1;
- Improved support for KDE Printer;
- A problem related to registering the demo version while using GKSu 2.0.2 was fixed;
- Copy & paste was improved;
- Better 64-bit support for the RPM packages.
Moreover, there is a plethora of fixes that apply to MS Office 2003/2007, QuickTime 7, Outlook 2000, Acrobat Reader and FrameMaker. Thus, users can now benefit from both service packs that were released for Office 2007 and also install the Enterprise, Pro and Corporate editions. The “Insert Image” function now works properly and other patches/add-ons are expected to perform better. For Office 2003, the developers fixed table calculations and “Insert Field” in Word, the NTLM proxy authentication in Outlook and “Insert Picture” in both Word and Excel.
- Email attachments now work in Outlook 2000;
- The “Save As” dialog doesn’t crash Acrobat 5 and 7 anymore;
- Better PPD files support in FrameMaker running on systems without CUPS;
- Fixed the “Combine Documents” feature in Word XP;
- Various general improvements.
Run Crossover 8.0 in your Linux Operating System today .
CrossOver Office Standard 8.0.0