Microsoft Office Suite 2007 SP2 Uninstall Tool:
Microsoft released the second service pack for Office 2007 to manufacturing and to web at the end of the past month. Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) downloads went live on April 28, 2009, and have since then been up for grabs. At the same time, the Redmond company is allowing users who have deployed the service pack to uninstall the bits, and it is even providing the resources necessary for the task. All that end users will need is the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. According to the software giant, the 2007 Office SP Uninstall Tool is designed to uninstall all the patches associated with Office 2007 SP2.
Follow The Below Steps To Uninstall Office 2007 Sp2:
- First download the 2007 Office SP Uninstall Tool and run it.
- Accept the EULA associated with office2007spuninstall.exe and move onward.
- In the root of C:\ create a folder dubbed “oarpman.”
- Open a command prompt window with administrative privileges, then type the following command:
- c:\oarpman\oarpman.exe /report, hit Enter,
- and then
- c:\oarpman\oarpman.exe /remove O12SP2.
Features Of Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite:
- Assists in uninstalling client patches only. Does not uninstall server patches.
- Assists in uninstalling the uninstallable client patches in Service Pack 2 or higher only. Does not uninstall Service Pack 1.
- Command line tool, so help can be accessed by running “oarpman /help” from the command line. This will describe each of the available commands.
- Using the /log switch with the /report switch provides some extra information in the log that is not output to the console.
- A “release” is a collection of patches. To see what releases are available for uninstall, use the /report switch. The 2007 SP Uninstall Tool will remove all of a given release. It does not uninstall per patch, or per product. For example, if you have Microsoft Visio Service Pack 2, Microsoft SharePoint Designer Service Pack 2, and Microsoft Office Professional Service Pack 2 on the computer, the tool will attempt to uninstall all three.
- The /report switch will only display patches that are part of a release that the tool can uninstall.
- When logging is enabled with /remove, the MSI logs are also copied into the same directory as the oarpman log.
Windows Installer 3.1 or greater