Your computer is left exposed to viruses, malicious programs, network attacks and what nots. True, Kaspersky Internet Security or Antivirus has proven itself irreplaceable due to its effectivity and performance efficiency, taking only a small amount of computer resources while running protection.
How to download Kaspersky Updates Manually
Downloading the update manually results in a bigger download size and longer download time. In the automatic mode, we’re only getting the files that we need to update directly from the Kaspersky Labs servers. In manual mode, we end up getting the “whole sack of files” and use it as an update source.
- Go to http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates
- In this page, you will be asked which Kaspersky software version you are going to update. Click your version.
- In the succeeding page, you will be asked how big the “sack of files” you want. You may get the daily, weekly or cumulative update. Since this may be your first time to update, download the cumulative sets of anti-virus databases and databases of network attacks. The filename may be av-i386&ids-cumul.zip.
- Make a new folder in your computer. Let’s name it Kaspersky Update.
- Once you have downloaded the zip file which may be av-i386&ids-cumul.zip, extract its contents to the folder we just created.
Manual Update Setup:
A Picture Speaks Louder Than Words.
See this animated Picture to install your Downloaded Updates
Follow the Below Steps
- We have to set our Kaspersky software first to update from the downloaded offline database files.
- In the system tray, right click the Kaspersky icon and select Open Kaspersky Internet Security.
- In the Kaspersky Internet Security panel, select Update tab on the left. Click on Settings.
- In the Settings window that pops up, select Manually under Run Mode.
- Click on Configure… button under Update settings. The Update settings window pops up. In the Update Source tab at the left, uncheck Kaspersky Lab’s update servers. Click Add... button. The Select update source window pops up. Select the folder where you previously extracted the database files to. Click OK. Click OK below the Update settings window. Finally, click OK below the Settings window underneath.
Run the Update
- Finally, we are ready to run and install the update.
- In the Kaspersky Internet Security panel, click on Update Databases.
- Wait until the update completed successfully.
- Click on Close button.Kaspersky is my Favourite Antivirus Scanner.I am using it for Past 2 years.Kaspersky effectively removes VIRUS but not Spywares.To remove Spywares use Spyware Doctor or Spyware Terminator.