Top 5 Important Security Tests For Your Computer
Until and unless you are not attacked by any virus or spyware you think that your computer security is very high but when your PC gets infected it is too late. It is highly essential to check your Pc Security Status Frequently to stay uptodate. This Tests Prevents Hackers Attacks & Security Vulnerabilities.
1. Browser Security Check : This test will check your Browser Security. If you have good browser like Mozilla Firefox you will surely pass this test.
2. Firewall Leak Tester : This website, on one hand, enables you to test your software personal firewall thanks to different test programs (‘leaktests’), and on the other hand, shows a global vulnerabilities view of the most common personal firewalls in a summary page.
Firewall Leak Tester provides also documentation and advises to improve your security dramatically.
What Firewall Leak Tester is testing ?
Nowadays, threats from the Internet are growing, both from the inside and the outside.
To answer to a security need from Internet users (us), security software firms have created “personal firewalls”, software acting like real hardware firewalls, but on user’s computers.
These personal firewalls have network level filtering, that we will name “network filtering”, and an outbound application filtering that we will name “software filtering”.
Due to the fact that most of these Personal Firewall offer reasonable protection against inbound attacks coming from the Internet, we will only study here their software filtering, outbound filtering that can be stressed by Trojans which try to initiate themselves by connecting to the outside to transmit data out.
To test this software filtering feature, many leaktests (“”leak”” test) exist, they are programs created by different authors, each trying to bypass the personal firewalls with his own trick.
3. Firewall Test : This test will check your computer for ports that are commonly left open. Open ports could allow your computer to be compromised. This firewall test will also check for open ports known to be used by Viruses and Trojans.
4. Online Port Scan : This test will make a scan of all your Open Ports.
5. PopUp Blocker Test : This popup test is is an automated way to check your popup blocker’s ability to allow good ads.Your popup blocker will be given a series of tests that range from your standard popup to very complex popups that will slip by most popular ad blockers.
That’s it if you know other useful Security Test Share it here.