- Pure ZIM reader
- Full text search engine
- ZIM file generation scripts
- Bookmarks & Notes
- ZIM HTTP server
- PDF export
- Tabs navigation
- Command line indexation tool called “kiwix-index”
- Allow drag&drop over the UI to open a ZIM file
- First result is now only loaded with a pretty good score
- “Report a bug” and “request a feature” links in the UI
- New feature to clean the profile at the end of the session
Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia anyone can add to or edit. A highly popular resource, Wikipedia has become a primary research tool of college students, and it may help them develop comparative research skills. Now users can access wikipedia contents offline with Kiwix. 😉
Kiwix is an offline reader for Web content. Kiwix is a strong application that allows you to surf the Internet offline using the Mozilla framework and integrating a full-text search engine. This is done by reading the content of the project stored in a file format ZIM, a high compressed open format with additional meta-data.
Kiwix is a free software (GPL3), that means you can freely copy, modify and spread it. Kiwix is available for both Windows and Linux lovers. 🙂
Key Features of “Kiwix”:
1. Goto Applications → Accessories → Terminal.
2. Type the following commands,
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kiwixteam/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kiwix
3. Then download a zim file as a target for your reader. Click here to download.
I like using Kiwix 🙂 What about you?