How To Create a Shortcut or Hotkey To Safely Remove USB Devices:
Usually we remove Hardware by Clicking “Safely Remove Hardware” Icon Present in System Tray.Instead of doing that we can do a small hack to Launch “Safely Remove Dialog Box” by Creating Shortcut or assigning Hotkey(Best Method).
Create a Shortcut to the Safely Remove USB Devices:
- Right-click on the desktop and choose New –>Shortcut
- Then paste in the following into the location box:
RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
- Next Give a Shortcut name, here i have given it as Safely Remove
How To Assign a Shortcut Key:
- Right-click on the Created Shortcut icon.
- Open the properties dialog, then go to the Shortcut tab.
- Now Assign a Shortcut key (Here i have assigned CTRL+F2).
- Close the dialog box.
This hotkey will make a Fast launch of Safely Remove Dialog Box.