How fast is your computer? How long have you had it? Do you contemplate tossing it in the garbage on especially frustrating days? You’re not alone: Replacing tech, or keeping it working its best, isn’t an easy or less expensive task.
Picture speaks louder than words: So, checkout the below link which gives insight of Upgrading Laptops and Computers.
Extend The Life of Your Laptop
You can extend the life of your dying laptop by replacing these three components.One thing you can do is make your laptop last as long as it can. Get more RAM and get a solid-state hard drive. In addition, a new battery can give you (and your laptop) more life with each use.
RAM plays a vital role in computer speed and be extra careful while upgrading the RAM as it depends with your processor speed also. Here is a simple trick to clean your RAM using notepad.
- Upgrade to 4GB or 8GB RAM.
- Every laptop has its limitation, so don’t be surprised if the fastest RAM produced today isn’t compatible with your model.
2. The Hard Drive
Switch to a Solid-State Drive(SSD) for
- Improved performance
- Almost instant boot times
- Improved app speed
- I am using Apple Macbook Air which comes with SSD hard disk and it’s too fast when compared to traditional hard disk.
Laptop battery degrades with time and each battery got it’s own battery lifecycle.
- Replace your old batteries with new one.
- Consider buying an external battery as well.
- Are you a Mac user? Then check, How to Check Mac Notebooks Battery Cycle Count.
Unfortunately, though, there are timetables that you should follow to replacing your equipment. Tablets are limited in speed, but they need to be replaced every couple of years. Laptops can be easily damaged, which places them on about the same replacement schedule as tablets.
How to Extend Life of Your PC
Now let’s see how to extend your life your desktop and save money.
Desktops offer more flexibility in terms of replacing particular parts. That also means that their lifespan can extend up to six years.
Once you’ve figured out your replacement schedule, you can also take preventative steps to keep your machinery working as long as possible as well as possible. Software should be top of mind and updated when possible. Easy maintenance tips such as cleaning your computer equipment can also help as can virus protection.
1. Don’t Ignore Software
Wisely select operating system which is compatible with your hardware.
- Hardware upgrades alone won’t do the trick.
- Select a proper operating system (Linux, Windows, MAC OS X) versions which provides optimum performance for your hardware configurations.
- Must Read: 3 Simple Ways To Speed Up Your Windows Computer
2. Keep your PC clean
Use colin or other suitable liquids to clean your computer.
- Frequently clean your screen and keyboard. Do you know? Your toilet seat is cleaner than your keyboard.
- Dust will get accumulated in CPU cabin, keyboards and speakers. So, use some brush or vacuum cleaner to do the job.
3. Say “No” to Virus
Virus is the main culprit which causes lots of trouble to computer users often. But many don’t know the difference between virus, trojan horse and worm.
- Install a trust worthy Anti-virus software.
- Protect your computers and files from virus infection and other malwares.
- Read: How do Antivirus program detects Virus?
Whatever you do and whatever your budget, planning for replacing your critical equipment is a necessary part of budgeting for your business. The worst thing to do is to avoid planning and be faced with a crisis—a dead laptop, a nonfunctioning desktop model. Use this graphic to remind you what to do regularly and when you should think about replacements.