Have some fun with you Mac OS X, you can make your Mac speak all the text you type from the command line. Mac got so many hidden features to have fun around your system with Mac Terminal commands. If you are unfamiliar with Mac Terminal commands I would suggest you to read this post to expand your knowledge, List of 175 Mac Os X Terminal Commands 🙂
Also Check 4 Must Know Mac OS X Tricks
- Play Tetris In Mac OS X Terminal – Easter Egg
- Play Snake Game In Mac OS X Terminal – Easter Egg
- How To Change Mac OS X Boot Screen Logo?
- Stupid Geek Tricks: How To Turn Off Apple Light On Back Of Display?
How to Make Your Mac Speak Any Text in Terminal
1. Goto Utilities –> Click on Terminal.
2. Once the terminal is opened. Type the following command
Say YOUR TEXT.
See the below screenshot I have typed Say Techpraveen.com and hit “Enter”. The computer will say whatever text I typed there.
Want your terminal to read the text typed in a text file?
1. Type the following command in the Terminal,
say -f ~/Desktop/Praveen.txt
2. Just replace the path of your text and have fun.
That’s it 🙂