Two days back my friend Naren was encountering a problem while chatting in Yahoo messenger on Windows Vista. He was telling text is not appearing when he types texts. Then he found a working solution from Google.He mailed me the solution to share here,
“There is a problem with the script on this page” while using Messenger on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Scripting errors may affect the expected functionality of Messenger and result in the following error message: “There is a problem with the script on this page”
Having the most recent Java application will ensure proper communication between Internet Explorer and the Messenger application. Please follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall your Java runtime environment.
1. Goto Start–> Run.
2. Type in appwiz.cpl and click OK. This opens “Programs and Features.”
3. Select Java and then click the Uninstall button. There may be multiple installed versions, so be sure to remove all of them.
4. Next, download and install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment
5. To ensure the update is effective please Clear the Yahoo! Messenger Cache.
6. Restart Messenger to determine if the issue is resolved.