Notepad / My Documents / My computer opens on windows startup
This is one of the most common problems experienced by people
- Notepad opens at Windows Startup
- My documents opens at windows startup
- My computer startup at windows
Let see how this computer trouble actually occurs and how to get rid of it
This problem occurs when some programs modifies the Userinit registry key, or if there is a registry change in the Userinit value.
So need to repair windows registry key to solve this problem, change the Userinit registry Key value to fix this trouble.
Follow the procedure given below to stop opening of my computer, my documents or notepad at windows startup.
1. Open Start menu –-> Run or press window + r , this will open the run prompt
2. Type regedit and press Enter , this will open registry editor
3. Now, navigate to the following registry key in registry editor
HKEY_ LOCAL_ MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
4. Double click the Userinit registry key and set the value C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, ( The comma at the end of the value should also be there ).
5. Exit registry and restart your computer to see the change into effect.