When I try to enable fast user switching in windows XP ,I get this error message saying “client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen and fast user switching”
Lets first see what is netware ?
NetWare is a network operating system (NOS) that provides transparent remote file access and numerous other distributed network services, including printer sharing and support for various applications such as e-mail transfer and database access.
To enable welcome screen login, you need to disable the netware client services.
Follow the steps below to disable Netware client services:
How to disable netware client services?
1. Go to Control Panel –> Network Connection . This will open up the network connections available on your computer.
2. Right click on the connection and select Properties.
3. In general tab, uncheck the option for Client Services for NetWare and press OK.
As shown in the picture below.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for all the connections shown in network connections.
5. Restart your computer.
6. To enable welcome screen now, go to Control Panel –> User Accounts –> Change the way users login and select the option Use Welcome Screen.
This will slove your Problem.