A Simple Utility To Convert Documents To XML Format
XML Printer is a virtual printer driver allowing you to convert any printable document to a structured and easy-to-read XML file.
What is a virtual printer?
Virtual printer is a physically non-existing printer that acts to the operating system like any other printer. This way the system or application prints as it would be an ordinary print device (ensures that the document will look the same), but instead of printing it stores all the printed information.
Key Features Of “XML Printer”:
- Acts as a regular printer, but instead of printing on paper, it’ll store all printed information to an XML file.
- Exports any information, i.e. if you can print the data – XML Printer can export the data
- Exports texts, with lots of different attributes: font face, font size, style (bold, italic), position, extent, color, rotation angle
- Exports images as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG file with position, width and height.
- Exports vector data, such as paths (filled or transparent), rectangles or lines with all important attributes (fill color, outline color, line width, raster operation)
- Automate post-processing of the XML files, the driver is capable of running any executable with path to the XML file as parameter
- Convert any printed XML file to PDF, recreating the source document.
- Filter printed output to required fields only by any attribute you can think of.