Whether or not you use Aero, there are still a few things you can do to get some more speed. You can disable some of the graphics effects that can look nice, but really don’t add much. Here’s how:
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose “Performance and System Tools.”
- Click “Adjust visual effects.”
- You can now either choose “Adjust for best performance,” or you can choose Custom and pick the effects you want to keep.
Finally, while Vista’s sidebar can be a cool thing — let’s face it, that clock is kind of nice — it’s also a resource hog. It slows your computer. Disable it.
- Right-click on the Sidebar (or, if it’s not visible, choose “Windows Sidebar Properties” from the Control Panel).
- Uncheck “Start Sidebar when Windows starts.”
- Click OK.
- If the Sidebar is currently open, right-click on it and choose Close Sidebar
If u Like To keep Vista Sidebar here is some 580 Vista Gadgets Collection