The Microsoft’s upcoming Os Windows 7 as got Desktop Slideshow i.e desktop wallpapers changes automatically after a specified time interval.This is one of the key feature of Windows 7 .In this article i will explain a simple tweak that you can apply to the Desktop Slideshow to make it a bit more fun.
Keep Hands In Your Registry:
- Click Start
- Type “regedit” in the search bar
- Click on “regedit.exe” (if nothing appears, type “%SYSTEMROOT%\regedit.exe”)
- Press Win Key + R –>Type regedit –> Press Enter.
- Choose “Yes” if a UAC message appears
- Go to the following key by clicking on the arrows next to each key name to expand it:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow
- Add “AnimationDuration” DWORD value
- Right-click on the right side.
- Choose “New” then “DWORD (32-bit) Value”
- Type “AnimationDuration” as its name
- Set duration for animation
- Double-click the created value
- Select “Decimal”
- Type in a value for the duration in milliseconds.
Remember “1000” means 1 second
Even you can change desktop slideshow very fast, but the title says “Slow Motion…” though. If you’d like to restore the animation to its default, just delete the DWORD value you created by right clicking on it and choosing “Delete”.